What You Can Find Here

This blog contains sentiments from a very sentimental person. Please bear with his sentimentality.

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." - Albert Einstein

Friday, October 1, 2010

Losing Faith

Note: Please pay this link a visit before reading any further.

What little faith I had for our Church deteriorated even further. What caused the severe idiocy that infects our priesthood is beyond me. Nothing made sense to me as I shook my head with disbelief. But I knew one thing; this has to stop. This illogical reasoning, this blatant misuse of the mind has to stop.

I was never really a fan of Noynoy ever since. He proved himself to be incompetent even during his early years of service in our country. My resentment mounted when he became President after the elections were held. Although I was very sure he'll simply accelerate our country's already falling economy, I still crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Fortunately, I didn't have to break my fingers in order for sense to enter our President's mind.

I let out a satisfied smile as soon as I discovered that Noynoy was motioning for a health bill to help prevent the rapid growth of the Philippine population. However, my gladness was short-lived. Before I can even think of suggestions in an attempt to improve our President's agenda, I was startled by an outright threat from the Church aimed at Noynoy; that he'll be excommunicated if he insists on implementing the bill.

Excommunication - the act of banishing a member of a church from the communion of believers and the privileges of the church; cutting a person off from a religious society

Now you tell me; is Aquino really worthy of such a threat?

I know that, so far, Aquino can't be considered as a "competent" president, but the fact that he's actually doing something logical now can't be denied. He's actually making a move to put a stop to something that will cause our nation's disarray. And then some church folk suddenly pops out and threatens him with religious isolation? Is this sensible? I tried to laugh this off, but I can't. I was angry; angry at how irrational the Church has become, angry at how they have the guts to question the government, when they don't even give a damn about our fellowmen. Have we heard of Catholic priests or bishops feeding the poor? Have we received news of them housing the less fortunate?

All the Church does so far is to criticize; criticize almost anything our government does while not doing anything about it. Why does the Church despise contraceptives so much? Because they're immoral? Because they're against the will of God? Well, if you're so touchy with condoms and tubal ligation, you might as well help feed our people as they grow more and more in terms of number. But guess what? You don't. Hypocrisy at its finest!

As I lifted my hands off my keyboard when I finished this blog post, for some reason, the phrase "Separation of Religion and State" kept on reverberating in my ears.

0 comments:

Post a Comment